Private Photography Workshops in Grand Teton and Yellowstone N.P.
One on One Workshops
I offer one-on-one private photography workshops in the Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Jackson Hole area. Because of the diverse opportunities to photograph nature, this is an ideal place enhance your landscape and wildlife photography skills and portfolio.
Due to the private nature of the workshop, we will be able to concentrate on exactly what you want to work on. From complete beginners to experienced, advanced photographers, I will tailor your workshop specifically to what works best for you.
WHY CHOOSE A PRIVATE photo tour?
- As a very small group, we can move quickly and decisively in the field, adjusting to the changing conditions and opportunities
- I can concentrate specifically on one person's needs and provide more focused instruction and attention
- There is no pressure from differing expectations and desires of what/when to photograph - it's up to you alone
Private tours are led exclusively by me. I'm an award-winning professional photographer, specializing in photographing the amazing diversity of wildlife and landscapes of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. I am a Jackson Hole native, having lived in the valley for over 40 years. Every day I go out, I strive to make compelling images, enjoy myself, appreciate the beauty that surrounds me, and behave respectfully in the field. When on a tour with a client, my hope is that the client has a great time, learns something about their photography, makes some great images, and acquires some new skills that can be practiced and honed.
PRIVATE photo tours IN jackson hole, grand teton, AND YELLOWSTONE national Parks
Landscape opportunities abound, from the towering peaks of the Grand Tetons to the abstract colors and textures of Yellowstone's geyser basins. Similarly, wildlife is plentiful and we will always be on the lookout for great photo opportunities with moose, grizzly bears, owls, wolves, bison, and the many other interesting species that inhabit the region. While I cannot guarantee any particular outcome or species to photograph, there is always something to photograph and something to learn.
Your time with me will be spent focusing on whatever you want to get out of the workshop. If you want to learn how to master your camera and equipment while in the field, we will do that. If you want to chase the light to wherever it leads us, we will do that. If you want to learn to make more artistically compelling images, we will focus on that. I will be there with you (often shooting right next to you), offering in-depth instruction and guidance on how to get into position to make the best possible photographs, what equipment and settings to use, and how to process the photographs to deliver maximum impact.
Depending on your level of expertise, some of my goals for you in your workshop might be to:
- Increase your confidence in using a camera. Improve consistency in your ability to make sharp, properly-exposed images in a variety of photographic situations.
- Help you to recognize good photographic situations and take advantage of them
- Introduce you to advanced metering / exposure methods that will help you create perfect exposures every time
- Work with you on post-processing techniques that can dramatically improve the impact your final image conveys
- 8 Hour Photo Workshop (Grand Teton and/or Yellowstone): $1100 (1-2 people)
(Yellowstone option available seasonally - check with me for availability)
*Seasonally, this could be a 4 hour sunrise tour, then a mid-day break, then a 4 hour sunset tour
- 6 Hour Photo Workshop (Grand Teton): $900 (1-2 people)
- 4 Hour Photo MiniWorkshop (Sunrise or Sunset in Grand Teton):$650 (1-2 people)
- Park entrance fees are not included and are your responsibility. Please bring your park pass with you if you have one.
Have a question that can only be answered in person? Give me a call at (307) 298-9959
Steve Mattheis and SGM WYO, LLC is an authorized permittee of the National Park Service